The World Council is the principal policy-making body of the World Organization. It decides the World Organization’s policies and ensures that general policies decided by the General Assembly are implemented.
The 2015 UCLG World Council meetings will be held the 4th December 2015 in Paris, France, at the kind invitation of Mayor Anne Hidalgo, Co‑President of UCLG, and in conjunction with COP 21.
In the programme:
- The World Council will be held on the morning of 4 December.
- The Climate Summit for Local Leaders will be held on 4 December in the afternoon, on the occasion of COP 21.
- The Executive Bureau will be held on the afternoon of 5 December.
- Parallel events will also be held on the morning of 4 December, before the World Council meeting, including a PLATFORMA event on Climate & Cooperation.
- A seminar titled “From COP 21 to Habitat III: local governments and citizens at the heart of the challenges” will be organized on 5 December by Plaine-Commune and the UCLG Committee on Social Inclusion, Participatory Democracy and Human Rights.
- The City of Paris and the Standing Committee on Gender Equality will organize a special session on Women Leadership and Development on 6 December.
We recommend that you book your accommodation as soon as possible, as this will be an extremely busy time in Paris, due to COP 21 taking place during the same period.
We remind you that you may need a visa to be able to enter France, and that this process can be lengthy. We strongly recommend you to start the visa procedures as soon as possible.
Check this page periodically for the latest updates.
Note: The UCLG Executive Bureau meetings are closed meetings. Members of UCLG are welcome to contact the World Secretariat for additional information through the following email address: UCLGExBu@uclg.org
Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris and UCLG Co-President, invites UCLG members to the UCLG World Congress and COP 21 in Paris