30 - 31 March 2015. Bogota, Colombia
The objectives of the event are:
- Synthesis of present experiences on the development and implementation of the safer cities approach
- Discussing and Adopting Guidelines on Safer Cities in the New Urban Agenda and further identifying the role of cities and the coalitions of local and national partners engaged in these practices on safer cities.
- Creation of a south-south/north-south city to city networking and training programme
- Launching of a Global Campaign for Safer Cities / World Urban Campaign to support citizen’s dialogue with local authorities on enhancing safety in cities
- Declaration on principles of action for the creation of safer cities leading to the Post 2015 development summit, the Habitat III and UCLG Congress in 2016