10-13 April. Ankara, Turkey.
+INFO: UCLG Eurasia
At the invitation of the Mayor of Ankara Melih Gekchek a delegation of mayors of the Eurasian regional section of UCLG will visit Ankara on 10-13 April, 2013 in order to study the city’s favorable experience. The delegation will consist of the mayors of the cities of Kazan, Kirov, Izhevsk, Makhachkala, Comrat, Arzamas, Grozny, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnekamsk, and others.
In the framework of the visit it is planned to introduce the delegation successful projects of the municipality of Ankara:
- Studying the experience of Ankara on regeneration of the urban environment on the example of "Dikmen Valley" which provides for demolition of dilapidated housing, resettlement of people, creation of a large park with an artificial pond for the rest of citizens with significant scales of landscaping.
- Visiting the centre of addition education for children from low-income families
- Introduction of a unique system of waste recycling and using it for fertilizing
- Introduction of the innovative system of on-line monitoring of water supply and sanitation
- Visiting the free development centers for women, disabled people as well as local family centers.
During the visit there will be a meeting with the mayor of the capital of the Republic of Turkey Melih Gekchekom who is the only mayor in the history of modern Turkey to whom residents of Ankara have entrusted to lead their city during four consecutive terms.