24-25 october 2013. Freiburg, Germany
INFO: Local renewable conference
The Local Renewables 2013 Conference "Shaping your solar city - practical solutions from planning to implementation"
Practical solutions from planning to implementation - this is the focus of the Conference Local Renewables Freiburg 2013, Shaping your Solar City.
The ongoing financial crises, growing energy instability and resource scarcity mean it is imperative we shift to sustainable economies. This can only be achieved by switching to renewable energy, improving energy efficiency and focusing on sustainable development.
Cities are asked to play a driving role in the process of moving towards Smart Cities, Solar Cities and a low-carbon economy.
- Local Renewable energy intelligent financing mechanisms and models
- Local Renewable energy planning and policy making
- Multi-stakeholder engagement and collaboration
- Local Renewables assessment and technical know-how
- Green public procurement
- Implementing energy solutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Diversity is a key driver of stimulating exchange at Local Renewables 2013. Participants and speakers represent a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds:
- Mayors and vice mayors
- Heads of energy and climate departments
- City strategy developers
- National and sub-national government representatives
- Energy consultants
- Financing institutions
- International organisations
- Researchers on sustainable urban development and renewable energy
Explore how municipalities can embrace clean, sustainable energy solutions, and tackle financial, planning and regulatory challenges when developing your solar city.