23-26 May 2018. Strasbourg, France
The United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) Executive Bureau will be held on 23-26 May at the European Parliament headquarters in Strasbourg, France, under the invitation of the Mayor of the city, and UCLG Co-President Roland Ries.
The highlights of the programme:
- The Business session of the Executive Bureau will be held on 25 May from 14:30 to 18:30.
- The four UCLG Policy Councils will host the dialogues between Ministers and Local Governments in collaboration with UN-Habitat on 24-25 May.
With the support of UN-Habitat and UNACLA, two high-level events will also gather national delegations and local government representatives:
- Country implementation of SDG 11, a meeting of national delegations organized by UN-Habitat on 24 May, with the presence of the new Executive Director of UN-Habitat, Ms Maimunah Mohd Sharif.
- A high-level dialogue on the links between the Global Goals and the New Urban Agenda implementation, a session organized in partnership with UNACLA on 25 May.
Several UCLG consultation mechanisms are planning meetings in Strasbourg as well:
- Working Group on Territorial Prevention and Management of Crises on 23 May
- Community of Practice on Mobility on 23 May
- Community of Practice on Transparency and Accountability on 23 May
- Forum of CEOs of Local Government Associations on 26 May
- Committee on Local Economic Social Development on 26 May
Inclusive and safe cities, key for sustainable development
On the 25th of May a high level dialogue will take place bringing together Ministers, Mayors, Governors and other governmental representatives. The session organized in partnership with the United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA) aims at linking the global goals with the implementation of the New Urban Agenda and contributing to the upcoming assessment of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 11 to the upcoming High Level Political Forum (HLPF) that will take place on 9-18th July in New York.
The outcomes of this event will be brought to the HLPF in the form of practical experiences of implementing and monitoring the SDGs at local level with special focus on SDG11.
The day will conclude with the business session of the UCLG Executive Bureau and will the meetings will conclude on Saturday morning with a session on the Forum of CEOs of Local Governments Associations.
Note: The UCLG Executive Bureau meetings are closed meetings. Members of UCLG are welcome to contact the World Secretariat for additional information through the following email address: UCLGExBu@uclg.org.
The Executive Bureau is responsible for initiating proposals and carrying out the decisions of the World Council and for any other matter delegated to it by the World Council. It is in charge of the World Organisation’s administrative and financial management. It prepares the meetings of the World Council and of the General Assembly.
- Watch the video presentation of the city of Strasbourg