The Statutory Affairs Committee of UCLG will present in Rabat the candidates for the Presidency positions for the forthcoming mandate 2013-2016.
1 candidacy received for the post of President:
Kadir Topbaş, Mayor of Istanbul (Turkey), President of the Union of Turkish Municipalities and current President of UCLG
5 candidacies have been received for the 5 positions of Co-Presidency, listed below in alphabetic order:
- Augusto Barrera, Mayor of Quito (Ecuador)
- Chen Jianhua, Mayor of Guangzhou (China)
- Alain Juppé, President of the French Association of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (AFCCRE), Mayor of Bordeaux (France)
- Ilsur Metshin, Mayor of Kazan (Russia)
- Jacqueline Moustache Belle, President of the Association of the Districts of Victoria (Seychelles), Mayor of Victoria
As per article 58 of the Constitution, the Committee on Statutory Affairs recommends the nomination of an Ex-Officio member of the Co-Presidency with full rights:
- Anne Hidalgo, First Deputy Mayor of Paris (France)
2 candidacies have been received for the post of UCLG Treasurer:
- Fathallah Oualalou, Mayor of Rabat (Morocco)
- Berry Vrbanovic, Emirate President of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), Councillor of Kitchener
Elected candidates will enter into service at the request of the UCLG World Council in Rabat that will take place on 4th October 2013 in the framework of the World Summit of Local and Regional Leaders.