As part of the global debate on the Post-2015 Development Agenda, the UN launched in April 2014 a new round of global consultations on the “means of implementation”, i.e. how the Post-2015 Agenda will be implemented?
Six themes have been proposed to the consultation: Localizing the post-2015 agenda; Participatory Monitoring for Accountability; Partnerships with Civil Society; Engaging with the Private Sector; Helping to Strengthen Capacities and Build Effective Institutions; and Culture and Development.
The consultation on the “Localization of the post 2015 agenda” is co-led by UNDP, UN Habitat and the Global Task Force of Local and Regional Governments (GTF).
The consultation process includes:
- E-discussions (from May 19th to July 18th) through the webpage forum:
- National and local dialogues in 15 countries (from May to July)
- Regional and Global dialogues and events
- A Final International High Level Event (October) to present the final results.
The findings of this consultation will be finally presented to the UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, to inform the post-2015 development framework.
Participate in the e-discussions from May 19th to July 18th
Your participation will be critical to influence the global post-2015 negotiation process and to strengthen the recognition of the role of local and regional authorities in the implementation of the Post-2015 Agenda.
- Participate in the e-discussions posting messages and experiences to help localizing the Post-2015 Development Agenda (please find enclosed the e-discussion concept note)
- Actively participate in the 50 focus countries where the different consultations will take place and particularly in the 15 countries focus on “Localizing the Post-2015 Agenda” (see the annexed Flyer on the Post-2015 Dialogues on Implementation)
More information can be found in the dedicated webpage for localizing 2015 on the UN World We Want platform.
Please click on the links below to access the following documents:
- E-discussion concept note – Localizing the Post2015 Agenda
- A flyer on the Post-2015 Dialogues on Implementation
- An overall plan for the Consultation on Localization of t the Post-2015 Agenda
- Guidance note on Localizing the Post-2015 Agenda
Contributions can also be made via Twitter using the #localizing2015 hashtag.