On behalf of its President and the Mayor of Mexico City, United Cities and Local Governments has officialy sent the invitation to attend the Local and Regional Leaders’ World Summit, the 3rd World Congress of UCLG. This Summit will be hosted by the government of Mexico City, between 16th and 20th November this year and will bring together around 3000 high-level representatives of the cities, regions and other local governments, their associations and partners.
The Summit will focus on three central themes:
- Global crises, local impacts
- The City of 2030
- Local and Regional governments - partners in the new global governance
The Congress portal www.uclgcongress.com gathers interesting perspectives on the Congress topics and let people to participate in interactive forums:
1. Promoting Innovation: Identifying best practices for dealing with tough challenges such as the financial crisis.
2. What should be the new Global Governance: Should it include new actors? Is it about different decision making? What should the role of local and regional authorities be?
3. The city in 2030: What will it be like? What do we want to keep? What do we need to change?
The sessions of the Summit will be held in the historical buildings of the centre of Mexico City, offering a rare opportunity for participants to experience life at the heart of one of the largest cities in the world, as well as its cultural diversity and centuries-old heritage.
Future participants are invited to register before 30 July to benefit from early registration fees.
Please click here to access the Pre-programme-Invitation