Taking place in a challenging European context, the PLATFORMA Forum “Supporting Sustainable Development through local and regional governments”,where UCLG participates actively, will be held in Brussels from 4-5 march 2013 and will address the need for Innovation in decentralized cooperation and discuss the pledges that the EU has recently made or will shortly make in this framework.
Dr Wolfgang Schuster*, President of UCLG European Section, CEMR, will moderate the opening session, and UCLG Secretary General, Mr. Josep Roig will moderate the second session entitled “Towards a renewed partnership between LRAs and multilateral institutions: the case of the EU 2014-2020 development programmes”.
The conference will also address the following questions:
- What are the new development challenges in a changing European and global
- context - due to the economic crisis in Europe on the one hand and to fragile situations in some partner regions on the other hand?
- What consequences and new requirements for decentralised cooperation and for the activities of local and regional governments in general? How to tackle the new challenges?
- What added value of local and regional governments in the European development programmes?
- What commitments of the EU in this context, including in the forthcoming EC Communication and EP report? How should they be understood? What expectations from local and regional governments?
Consider following this link to register until 22 February
The programme is also available here