The 2021 UCLG World Council meetings will be held from 16 to 18 November in the context of the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona.
The alignment with the Smart City Expo, of which UCLG is a strategic partner, will ensure a broader outreach of the Council’s policy debates and grant UCLG members enhanced access to the sessions of an event which many of them usually attend.
The statutory component of the World Council will be organized in the framework of the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona:
- The Executive Bureau will take place on 16 November.
- The World Council will take place on 17 November.
The Financial Management Committee and Committee on Statutory Affairs will be convened respectively on 15 and 16 November.
Several policy debates will also be organized in conjunction with the Smart City Expo World Congress, namely:
- A policy debate on Smart cities and territories, pillars of the Common Agenda - 17 November
- A session with the UCLG UBUNTU Advisors on A Pact for the future: renewing the social contract for the great reset - 18 November
The first meeting of the World Forum of Regions is convened to bring together regional governments from all continents, along with local and national governments, academia, civil society, experts and international partners, to jointly create an ecosystem of cities and territories and to rethink how to work together and coordinate international efforts to build a dignified, resilient and sustainable future for people and the planet. The following sessions are proposed in this framework:
- Opening session and innovation panels - 16 November
- Roadmap: strengthening the voice of regions - 17 November
- High-level political dialogues and joint declaration - 18 November